Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tough Mudder Season


For his birthday last year, Pat asked if I would do a Tough Mudder with him.  Now, the fact that Pat had to ask for it for his birthday should tell you two things:

1) He really wanted it to happen
2) A Tough Mudder is...rough



It's a 10-12 mile race with 25(ish) obstacles like "jump into a dumpster full of ice and see if you can swim across without your legs freezing off," and "slither through a foot of dirty water with live wires suspended above it and try not to get shocked (you will get shocked)." BASICALLY you're paying to be tortured.



I did it, and you know what?  It. Was. AWESOME.  Completely aside from forcing me into ridiculously good shape (no one hates a flat stomach and rock hard butt!), when I crossed the finish line I really felt like I accomplished something.  It's likely I was just delusional, near death, and high on endorphins, but it felt amazing.  This year, we decided to assemble a team and do it again!  I'm going to be registering this afternoon and I couldn't be more excited!  Bring on the torture!



No comments:

Post a Comment